Wintercrest: Fragments of Fate
The North: (world map)
Wintercrest is located on the Northeast coast of the main continent, and is where the campaign started.
- Important buildings: Adventurer’s Guild, Central Tower, Council Chamber, City Dungeons, Arcane College
- Popular Locations: Wintercrest town square, Swine and Stag
- Factories: Steamworks Element Refinery ( Hole in the Factory), Water Refinery, Steam Compression Plant
- Undercity: Sewers (Cliffside Cave), Tunnel into the Tower, Huge Chamber ( The Obelisk)
Ironridge is the primary supplier of Celestium to Wintercrest. Hundreds of years ago, it was a peat mining town, which refined peat into iron. It was only rebuilt in the last 4-5 years after the discovery of Celestium.
Drakkenhyde Basin: (page)
An unusually warm valley, deeply isolated where the Iron Mountains meet the Dragon’s Tail mountain range.
The Black Tower: (page)
Located in a valley in the Iron Mountains north of Ironridge, it was the former site of a cult of Orcus. More recently, it was by the strange cult used to open a portal to the Shadowfell.
Located at the north exit of an enormous mountain-rimmed desert, Flamekeep is the capital of a small empire of the same name. It is the largest known exporter of Celestium in the world, owns and operates the lightning-rail system, and has a sizable standing army.
Sea of Whispers:
A large inland sea somewhat centrally located in the main continent.
The Planes: (page)
Different levels or dimensions of existence. The Planes include:
- Materia (The Natural World)
- The Mirror Worlds, Shadowfell, Feywild, Mechanus, and Dream World
- The Astral Sea (The Plane Above), and its pinnacle, Celestia
- The Elemental Chaos (The Plane Below), and its base, The Abyss
- The Far Realm, which lies beyond or outside all things
Important Races/Types of Beings
- Rufian referred to the party as “slaves of fate”. link
- A Wintercrest fortune-teller seemed convinced that great destinies lay ahead for the party, and seemed to predict correctly that Dredgden would return to his people. link
- Fiora seems to be able to predict events by studying the stars.
- Shonauwenkilau in the Drakkenhyde Basin described Fate as being the big picture that cannot change, but the details can. He likened it to a river, where we are all swept downstream, but we can swim where we choose. Some events are like whirlpools or eddies that sweep people into them.
- Woman with the Eye of Black said “once fate has ended, the future will be ours.”
- All of the members of The Natural Ones have experienced fateful dreams.
- The last thing Yelena heard before she died was the voice of Zara telling her it was time to wake up. link
- A plant creature that spoke to Navah in a dream implied that it was a Primordial by stating that the other Primordials serve the Elder Elemental Eye
Eyes and Vision:
- Rufian’s left eye was artificial, and the only consistent feature of his many forms.
- The Silver-Eyed Stranger’s left eye was also artifical, and has something to do with him being a “seer”. link
- A woman was now seen who also features an artificial eye, this one completely black.
- Many items like Robe of Eyes, Orc’s Eye Amulet, have featured eyes.
- The Undertaker in Dredgden’s home village was blind, but told Dredgden he could see him. link
- Something mentioned in Navah’s dream was called the Elder Elemental Eye